Our divorce recovery counseling services help you learn to cope with and move on from you divorce.
There is no question that even an amicable divorce is a painful and stressful event. Divorce is the permanent end to what was supposed to be a permanent union and as such it brings with it a flood of different emotions for all parties involved.
A person going through a divorce, or recently divorced person may feel:
- grief or sadness
- anger or resentment towards themselves or their former spouse
- lonely, depressed or withdrawn
- anxious or fearful about what is next
- guilt, especially if they were at fault or have children suffering as a result of the divorce
- loss of appetite and/or inability to sleep
- stress, muscle tension, other physical ailments
An experienced divorce recovery counselor can help you learn to navigate these negative feelings and love yourself again. This can be an especially important step to take if you are struggling with these issues on your own and have children affected by the divorce. Your children need your support now more than ever so it is important that you be the best you that you can be during this difficult time.
How can Divorce Recovery Counseling and Therapy help?
Divorce recovery counseling and therapy can help you individually or as a couple in many ways. Our divorce recovery services can assist you, or both of you, through any or all aspects of a divorce:
- deciding whether or not to separate
- understanding the impacts of your legal options in order to make the best decisions for you and your family
- developing child custody plans
- ways to best discuss/communicate child issues with your ex going forward
- personal and emotional recovery and growth post divorce
Recovery from a divorce is a process and takes time for everyone involved. Your therapist will offer you coping strategies to help you get back to living a new life. You can learn how to move beyond the emotions and allow yourself to establish new, meaningful and loving relationships again. And if you have children impacted by your divorce, our individual child counseling services can help them learn how to navigate their feelings during this time as well.
Let us know if you’d like more information on our Divorce Recovery Counseling Services in St. Peters, MO.