Our parenting counseling services are available for parents of children of all ages, as young as newborns through to the teen years.
Parenting is the hardest, but the most important, job you will ever undertake. For all its joy, parenting can also be very hurtful and frustrating. Parent counseling can provide the understanding, compassion, and support you need to get through those more difficult times or situations with your child(ren.)
We all have strengths and weaknesses. Counseling can give parents a better, more accurate understanding of themselves and their children. What are your strengths and weakness that help or hinder you as a parent? What is missing from your parenting arsenal that can help you be more effective?
You may benefit from parent counseling if you:
- have child(ren) with a challenging disposition(s)
- need help with discipline
- are not sure what to do or how to help your child(ren) in a specific difficult or serious situation
- want better understanding of your child(ren) behavior
- need help setting expectations
- need more confidence in your parenting ability
How can Parenting Counseling help?
We recognize every family is unique. Our experienced and licensed therapists provide general information and skills for healthy parenting but tailored to your unique circumstance. We assess your specific needs based on your current strengths, weaknesses and home life situation. We offer supportive consultation to guide you on ways to better parent, communicate, and relate to your child(ren.) Counseling helps you vocalize your values and purpose, realistically assess your family life, and set a plan for implementing the changes you’d like to see in yourself and your child(ren).
As an outcome of therapy, you should notice many changes in your family including:
- more respectful and responsive children
- a decrease in negative behaviors
- regular completion of chores, homework and other tasks without defiance
- a more peaceful, harmonious and less tense or stressful environment than before
- stronger, renewed healthier relationship(s) with your child(ren)
We strive to create stronger parents and healthier families.
Let the counselors in our St Peters, MO office help you become a more confident and effective parent.