Parenting the Love and Logic Way™ through Archway Counseling and Wellness is a 5- week group class for parents designed to build up your relationships with your children. Please join us for our next set of classes:
2021 Fall Session 1:
September 16 – October 14; Thursdays 6-8pm
2021 Fall Session 2:
October 21 – November 18; Thursdays 6-8pm
2022 Winter Session:
January 13 – February 10; Thursdays 6-8pm
Would you like to feel more confident as a parent?
Do you want to have fun as a parent? Be relaxed at the end of the day?
This class teaches a parenting philosophy that, since 1977, provides positive approaches to common parenting issues: How do I handle disruptions during meals? How do I get my child to stay in their bed at night? How can I end temper tantrums for good and discipline in public without creating a scene? How can I get my children up in the morning? How to stop bickering between siblings? How to stop whining?
Answers to these questions and more will be provided through this class. The discussion centers around using empathy to help your children feel more loved, make good choices and respect the logical consequences, good or bad, of their decisions. In group sessions, you practice skills that can be used right away to implement changes in your children’s behavior and your reactions to their behavior. Real-life examples show you how to change your language habits in order to get them to change the way they react to your requests.
Cost: $180 per person/ $260 per couple
You will learn ways to:
• Effectively parent without power struggles
• Teach children responsibility through practice
• Teach children consequences and healthy decision making
• Set firm limits in a loving manner without angry threats
• Use enforceable vs unenforceable language
• Enjoy your kids and have a less stressful family life
• Be calm and collected rather than angry
• Use empathy and understanding to discuss difficult situations
• Age appropriate responsibilities/expectations for your children
• Give your children a sense of control but on your terms
As a result of your new training, your children will:
• Learn to live with the consequences of their choices
• Become accountable and accept responsibility for their actions
• Have empathy for others
• Solve their own problems
• Learn from their own mistakes and bad decisions
• View you as being on their side and not against them
• Gain control of themselves and their life
This win-win parenting approach creates self-confident, motivated and successful kids by emphasizing respect and dignity for both children and adults.
This website is not associated with or sponsored by the Love and Logic Institute, Inc. Love and Logic® is a registered trademark of the Love and Logic Institute, Inc. Love and Logic® was founded by Jim Fay and Foster W. Cline, M.D., with continued creative and operational direction by Charles Fay, Ph.D. It is based on the experience of a combined total of over 100 years working with and raising kids and is based on a psychologically sound parenting and teaching philosophy called Love and Logic®. For more information please go to www.loveandlogic.com.