Anger Management for Men through Archway Counseling and Wellness is an 8-week therapeutic group for men ages 18+ dealing with anger related issues. These can include: difficulties with work, legal issues, dealing with kids, and arguing with their partner or family members. Participants in the group are taught how to identify their anger before it reaches problematic levels and taught the tools necessary to communicate their emotions in a healthier way. Please join us for our next group:
2020 Spring Session:
March 17 – May 5; Tuesdays 7-8:30pm
2020 Summer Session:
May 12 – June 30; Thursday 7-8:30pm
A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION* will be provided at the end of the 8 weeks to all participants that attend at least 7 of the 8 groups. Participating in this group may fulfill the requirements for court ordered “Anger Management Class.” (Please see disclaimer at the bottom of the page)
Cost: $60 per week or $400 when paid up front ($80 savings)
This group teaches:
• What are the major causes of anger
• Identify what anger feels like in the body
• Become more self aware when we become angry
• Identify triggers and trigger situations
• Learn to recognize and replace thinking errors
• Discuss the 6 major thinking errors
• Relaxation strategies to calm down before reacting
• Learn the difference between being assertive and aggressive
• Develop healthier responses for criticism
• Problem solve when disagreements arise
For more information or to sign up, contact therapist Kate Maus by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 636-489-4200 ext 3.
Seating is limited so please call or email Kate to reserve your spot today.
*Disclaimer – Individuals who are wanting to use this program for court ordered “Anger Management class” by any court should get pre-approval from their judge if this class meets the requirements for the judge’s ruling. Archway Counseling and Wellness shall not be held responsible for participants who take our “Anger Management for Men” class and fails to meet the criteria specified by any court order or proceeding. This group is NOT designed to meet the criteria for Domestic Violence or Batterer’s Intervention classes.