S.A.F.E. Alternatives faciliated by Kate Maus, LPC, EMDR II, is a 12-week group therapy class designed for teen girls ages 14 – 18 years old who engage in self-harm behavior or struggle with negative body image or body dysmorphic disorder. Girls receive a certificate of graduation upon successful completion of the class (10 or more sessions.)
Objectives of the Group
- develop coping mechanisms to replace self-harm behavior
- find alternative methods to overcoming negative body image or body dysmorphic disorder
- improve your ability to understand and tolerate difficult feelings
- learn about and change negative self-talk
- foster self-esteem and expression of unique self
- discover ways to nurture and love yourself and your body
Kate is a Licensed Professional Counselor dedicated to empowering women and adolescent teen girls by helping them find and love their authentic selves. In this program, she counsels girls on how to regain control of their life by creating a safe, accepting place to explore the patterns and fears that keep them from becoming the person they can be. Participants will be able to discover and understand their difficult emotions, find their own voice and learn to embrace what is most important to them.
This weekly group meets at our St. Peters, MO office. Session times are Tuesdays from 4-5:30pm, Thursdays from 4-5:30pm or 5:30-7:30pm.
Contact Kate directly to sign up or for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.